Jesuit and Ignatian Spirituality Australia Limited
Privacy Collection Statement
Purpose of collection
Jesuit and Ignatian Spirituality Australia Limited ABN 91 637 748 906 (JISA “we”, “us” and “our”) is collecting certain information about you in order to provide a spiritual director and to determine which retreat(s) may be suitable for you (as some of our retreats involve various levels of physical or spiritual exercise); and/or to provide other services such as accommodation, facilitation, and religious education, and to contact you regarding the foregoing (Primary Collection Purpose).
Information we may collect
The types of information we are likely to collect about you are the details as disclosed in the application form.
If you don’t provide information we request, we may not be able to offer you the most appropriate services.
Collection from third parties
Where possible, we will collect your personal information (including sensitive information) directly from you. However, in some circumstances we may need to collect such information about you from:
- our related bodies corporate (such as our affiliated ministries and educational institutions) in connection with the advisory, administrative, educational, insurance, governance and support services we provide to or are provided to us by such bodies;
- the Australian Province of the Society of Jesus, which is an unincorporated, registered charitable association affiliated with the Society of Jesus in Australia Ltd. The Australian Province of the Society of Jesus is the canonical presence in Australia and New Zealand of the international religious institute of pontifical right known as the Society of Jesus (Jesuits);]
- other Jesuit charities (which are our related bodies corporate) and other organisations that you link to via our Website.
- hosts of our online software services such as Xero for accounting and Venuelife for our booking system;
- a Spiritual Director who will conduct your retreat or spiritual direction;
- our related bodies corporate (including our affiliated ministries and institutions) and the Australian Province of the Society of Jesus;
- suppliers, contractors and organisations that we engage to assist us to provide our advisory, administrative, educational, governance, insurance, support and other services; or to provide services to us, to the extent necessary;
- our accountants, insurers, lawyers, investigators, auditors and other professional advisers;
- civil and church authorities (including the Holy See); and
- any third parties to whom you have directed or permitted us to disclose your information.
In some circumstances, we may disclose personal information (including sensitive information) to our service providers performing services to us and to our overseas affiliated entities (in particular, the international Roman Catholic order known as the Society of Jesus (the “Jesuits”)). The countries in which such third party recipients are located depend on the circumstances, but are likely to include Italy and Vatican City State.
Dealing with your Sensitive information
In some circumstances, we may also collect, use and disclose certain sensitive information for the purposes of investigating and reporting on professional standards breaches (including without limitation breaches of the Code of Conduct), unlawful conduct and issues relating to the health and safety of people we (and our related bodies corporate and the Australian Province of the Society of Jesus) interact with.
Access to such information by individuals will be restricted to only those individuals who need to use it for these purposes (for example, to appropriate staff of JISA and to the members of our professional standards unit that are involved in investigating and reporting on the conduct / incident).
Access requests, complaints and how to contact us
We can be contacted via mail: JISA, 102 Mona Vale Road, Pymble NSW 2073 email: email@example.com; or phone: 1300 392 636